Watch enthusiasts like to refer to the timepiece of their dreams as their grail. It signifies a quest for the perfect piece, and also serves to highlight certain models. They share their list of grails with other enthusiasts, dreaming of finding them someday.
As we hunt for our own grails, we decided to share what we found with our friends. This is what Grail Watch is all about: We’re constantly on the watch for grails, whether our own or yours. Join us in the quest!
Publisher: Stephen Foskett
Stephen Foskett is a wristwatch enthusiast, historian, and writer. He founded and publishes Grail Watch and the sister site, Grail Watch Reference. He is also a contributing editor for Watch Wiki and a contributing writer for Europa Star.
Articles Written By Stephen Foskett
- “Debunking the Quartz Crisis“, Europa Star 222, May 2022 (pdf)
- “Collectors’ Choices: What Is Your Horological Golden Age?“, Europa Star 22, May 2022 (pdf)
- Longines: The Forgotten “First Commercial Quartz Crystal Watch”, Europa Star, 2020 (pdf)
- IWC’s Da Vinci Through the Europa Star Archive, Europa Star, 2020 (pdf)
The Watch Files Podcast
i1 Innovations in Watch Component Colors with Positive Coating – The Watch Files
Publications Featuring Stephen Foskett
- “C.H. Meylan And The Living History of America’s Most Complicated Watch“, Hodinkee, June 2, 2022
- “Edouard Meylan of H Moser & Cie isn’t stuck in time“, The Hindu, September 18, 2021
- The Waiting List Podcast: Episode 51, May 27, 2021
- Ace Podcast: Episode 14 of the Art of Collecting Wristwatches with Stephen Foskett, May 14, 2021